A complex form of the neurological variation that differs from one person to the other person is known as the ASD. ASD stands for the Autism Spectrum Disorder. If you are asked to teach such person who is facing the ASD issues, then it is a real challenge for you. Its reason is that each child will behave differently and you will have to adopt different strategies for an individual student. If you are not able to formulate the best strategies to teach such students, then you can get help from the best writers of the assignment writing services. Anyhow, the best tips to teach the autistic child in the mainstream primary school are given below;
- Try to use some communication strategies
The best way to transfer the knowledge from one place to the place is known as the communication. You can use the different communication methods by keeping in mind the behaviour of the students. The best techniques that are adopted by the teachers in this regard are given below;
- You should assume and examine the learning capabilities of the autistic children
- You should try to communicate with them in a clear as well as in a concise way
- You should try to give some extra time to the autistic child by delivering the short verbal commands
- There are some autistic children that are interested in the functional aids. You can use these aids to communicate with them.
- You can also use the television in order to enhance the communication skills of these students. Its reason is that the TV is an important way to provide the verbal as well as non-verbal communication techniques to the students.
- Try to teach them about social and behavioural issues
Another technique that is adopted by a lot of teachers to teach the autistic students is that they use the different social and behavioural issues in order to enhance their hidden abilities. The best strategies in this regard are given below;
- Try to make a list of their special interests and try to teach them by using these interests
- You can also teach the autistic children with the help of the peer modelling
- You can also create the interest of the autistic children towards the study process by telling them some stories
- There is no need to teach the autistic children by using the unpredictable timetable. The only way to teach such children is to use the predictable timetable only.
- Try to understand the different laws to teach the children
As we have discussed earlier that every autistic child has different behaviour and it should be treated in a different way. Before going to teach such kinds of children, you should also keep in mind the following laws;
- It is necessary to provide education to each child whether he/she is disabled or fit.
- You should try to provide respect to each child.
- You should try to create the least restrictive environment for such students