A dissertation is divided into different chapters like an introduction, literature review, research methodology, results and findings, discussion, conclusions, and recommendations. There is a specific aim to write each chapter of the literature review. In a similar way, if we talk about the literature review chapter of a dissertation, then we also come to know that there is also a specific aim to write it. The basic aim of writing a literature review is to provide a precise summary of the published information regarding a dissertation topic idea. If you are not able to write down the best quality dissertation literature review chapter, then you can get help from dissertation writing services. The most important tips to write a dissertation literature review chapter in the right way are given below;
- Understand the purpose of the literature review chapter
First of all, you should try to get an idea about the main purpose of writing a literature review chapter. A literature review provides a solid starting point to the students in order to conduct an in-depth research by reading, evaluating, summarizing, and comparing the original research regarding your subject area. It also provides an idea to the students about the inconsistencies, gaps, methodologies, approaches, and contradictions of the existing literature. After getting a clear idea about the main purpose of writing a literature review, it will be easy for the students to create a monument for a literature review.
- Get an idea about the content of the literature review
The content of a literature review chapter is divided into three important sections. The first section of a literature review is known as an introduction. In the introduction of the literature review, you will have to establish the importance of the subject by focusing on the dissertation topic idea. It is also necessary for you to provide a background history on the topic idea. In the second, there comes the body of the literature review. The body of a literature review is divided into headings and sub-headings. In the body of a literature review, you will have to summarize and evaluate the current state of the knowledge. At last, there comes the conclusion of the literature review. In the conclusion of the literature review, you will have to summarize all the evidence along with their significance.
- Steps to writing a mind-blowing literature review
Now, there comes a process of writing a mind-blowing literature review. The most important steps that involve in writing the literature review chapter are explained below;
- The first step to write a literature review is to find out a working topic idea
- You should try to take a review of the literature by using keywords, computer databases, and remembering the reference lists
- You should try to focus on the topic idea narrowly and try to select papers according to it
- You should try to read out the selected articles thoroughly and try to evaluate them
- You should try to develop a working and suitable thesis statement
- After writing down the literature review chapter, you should try to analyze it in order to remove all the mistakes from it