A research problem can be called a research question that every researcher has to set while composing his/her research project to answer. Either you are going to write a qualitative or a quantitative research paper, the research problem is the main component of the research paper.
A good research paper should be narrow and specific as a research problem also improves the knowledge of the researchers about a specific problem. Before selecting the research problem, you should determine the type of study. To specify the research problem is known as the first step to conduct research.
The Importance of Formulating the Research Problem
There are lots of benefits of formulating a research problem because the actual process of research begins with the formulation of the research problem. Some essential benefits of research problem are given below;
- To formulate a research problem is known as the preliminary step to conduct the research study. Its reason is that by formulating the research problem, you can easily understand the research procedure.
- By formulating the research problem, we can easily determine the objective and intention of the research. If we don’t formulate the research problem, we can’t determine the research methodology.
- By formulating the research problem, we can easily generate clear questions relevant to the research paper. An interesting and intriguing research paper is also necessary to engage the researchers in the research process.
- A research problem also provides us with an idea either the research process is manageable within the resources or not.
List of Research Problems
To formulate an interesting and intriguing research problem is a real challenge for the researchers. Its reason is that most of the researchers don’t have an idea about the research problems. Therefore, a list of the research problems is given below;
- Are children becoming smart due to the use of the internet?
- What are the hazards of medical marijuana?
- What are the benefits of weight training?
- What are the causes of eating disorders?
- How to investigate the authority of ADHD and ADD?
- What is the connection between emotional stability and physical well-being?
- How technology is declining communication among people?
- What are the impacts of texting and cell phones on the social lives of the people?
- What are the limitations of the media?
- What are the controversial political ads?
Sources of the Research Problem
Some researchers are not able to formulate the research problems for their research papers because they don’t know the sources of research problems. Some essential sources of the research problem are explained below;
1) Personal Experience
The personal experience of a person relevant to a specific situation can become the cause of formulating the research problems. For example, if a researcher wants to formulate a research problem about domestic violence and he is observing the domestic violence in society, it will be easy for him to formulate the research problem.
2) Practical Experience
If you are doing a job relevant to your subject, you will also get lots of ideas as research problems from your practical experiences. For example, if you want to write a research paper about nursing and you are performing your duties as a clinical nurse, you can easily formulate enough research problems for your research paper.
3) Critical Appraisal of the Literature
As we know that lots of research papers, books, and research articles are available relevant to your subject. You just need to choose the best literature relevant to your interest and try to formulate the best research problems for your research paper. When you critically read the research papers, you will get suggestions from the researcher about further research. You can also use these suggestions while formulating your research problems.
4) Consumer Feedback
After using a specific product or service, a consumer tries to provide his feedback basis on his experience. You should note down all the feedbacks of the consumers and among this feedbacks, you can easily find out the best suggestions for your research problems.
5) Social Issues
Lots of issues are present in society. In these issues, there come political issues, healthcare issues, domestic violence, harassment issues and much more. By focusing on these issues and by critically analyzing these issues, you can also find out the best suggestions for your research problems.
6) Consultation with Experts
In each field, experts are present and these experts have enough knowledge relevant to their fields. You should find out experts relevant to your field and request them to help you in finding the research problems. As experts are keen observers, therefore, they can easily help you in formulating the best research problems.
Components of the Research Problem
While formulating the research problems for your research paper, you should keep in mind that all the research questions are not research problems. Its reason is that every research problem has some components. These components of the research problem are given below;
- A research problem is relevant to an individual or a group which is facing some kinds of problems.
- A research problem has some objectives and these objectives are easily attainable.
- This problem is existing in a specific environment.
- There are two or more possible outcomes of a research problem.
- There are two or more courses of action of a research problem.
Characteristics of a Research Problem
While selecting a research problem for your research paper, you should also keep in mind some specific characteristics of the research problem. These characteristics of the research problem are given below;
- A research problem should be stated clearly and concisely.
- With the help of a research problem, we can easily generate research questions.
- A research problem should be grounded in theory.
- A research problem should be relevant to at least one academic field of study.
- A research problem should have a base in the research literature.
- There should be a potential significance of the research problem.
- You can easily research within the given time and given budget.
- There should be sufficient data available relevant to this subject.
- The researcher can easily apply its methodological strengths on this problem.
- This problem should be new. It means that lots of people don’t have written their research papers on this research problem.
Tips to Select a Research Problem
- When you are going to select a research problem, you should try to use these important tips;
- You should not select such a subject which is overdone lots of time.
- You should not select a controversial topic.
- You should also avoid too narrow or too vague problems.
- You should also select such a problem which is familiar and feasible among the people.
- While selecting a problem, you should try to give importance to the significance of the subject.
Steps to Formulate a Research Problem
Now, its time to formulate a research problem for your research paper. While formulating a research problem for your research paper, you will have to follow some steps. These steps are explained below;
- First of all, you should try to develop a research problem in the form of a suitable title.
- Secondly, you should try to build up the conceptual models of the research problems.
- Thirdly, you should try to define the objectives of the research problems.
- Fourthly, you should set the investigation questions for your research problems.
- After that, you will have to formulate the hypothesis for your research problems.
- After that, you will have to state the operational definitions of the concepts relevant to the research problems.
- At last, you will have to state and determine the scope of the studies.
How to Get Help for Composing a Research Problem?
Sometimes, there is a possibility that you are not able to find out the best and suitable research problems even by following these essential tips and techniques. Under such a situation, you will have to get help from someone else. The best way to get help for formulating the research problems is the research paper writing services.
These research paper writing services have expert writers. These expert writers have enough experience in the research paper writing tasks. Moreover, they have highly qualified writers. You just need to visit these research paper writing services and contact with their customer representatives. These customer representatives are available around the clock without any time limitation.
After contacting the customer representatives, you should discuss your problem and they will try to solve your problem as soon as possible. As you want to get the best research problems for your research paper, therefore, you should share your subject and area of interest with them.
Their expert writers will provide a list of the research problems relevant to your subject area. You can select one of them according to your needs and desires. Anyhow, after selecting the best research problems for your research paper, if you are not able to create unique and original content for your research paper, you can also contact them because these expert writers can also provide you with the best research paper writing services to you.