The qualitative research method is the market research method. Its main aim is to gather qualitative data from open-ended and conversational communication. While collecting data about a specific topic through qualitative research, you should try to know what and why people are thinking about a particular aspect. To conduct qualitative research, we have to design interview questions. For example, if the number of men visitors in a specific store is more than the number of women visitors, you will have to design the interview questions to know this fact.
Examples of Structured Interview Questions
Some examples of the interview questions in the qualitative research are given below:
Scenario 1: A Person Having Low Back Pain
For example, if you try to gather data about persons who are feeling low back pain, you should design the following structured interview questions for them;
What are your feelings when you experience low back pain?
This question will give you an idea about the meaning of pain.
What are the impacts of daily life activities due to low back pain?
This is the best question to get an idea about the daily life activities of the different people suffering from low back pain.
How is low back pain affecting your relationships with your friends and family members?
This is the best question to get an idea about the social relations of people suffering from low back pain.
What are the impacts of the low back pain on your relations with your partner?
This is the best question to get an idea about their relationships with their partners.
How are you trying to control low back pain?
By getting answers to this question, you will get an idea about the different people's strategies to overcome low back pain.
Which factors are influencing low back pain?
By answering this question, you will get an idea about the elements influencing or modulating low back pain.
Scenario 2: Behavior of the Under-16 Shoplifters
Similarly, if you want to gather data about the behaviour of the under-16 shoplifters, you should ask the following structured interview questions from the interviewer;
- Why are most people engaged in systematic shoplifting?
- How do shoplifters justify their need for shoplifting?
- What are the main causes of shoplifting in society?
- What are the impacts of shoplifting in society?
- What are the experiences of the shoplifters about shoplifting?
- What is the role of advertising in increasing or decreasing the impacts of shoplifting?
- What are the primary influencers of shoplifting among young people?
- What are the views of ordinary people about shoplifting?
- What are the views of the shoplifters about shoplifting?
- What are the impacts of shoplifting on society?
To ask these questions, you will have to select such interviewer who has enough idea about shoplifting. On the other hand, if you are picking such interviewer who doesn't have enough experience with shoplifting, you can't get satisfying answers to your questions.
Scenario 3: Person's Take On A Specific Program
If a person has started a specific program, you can also conduct qualitative research on him by asking some questions, as shared now by the dissertation help firm. The sample structured interview questions of this program are given below:
- What is your experience with this program?
- What are the strengths of this program?
- What are the weaknesses of this program?
- How has this program changed your way of life?
- What are the impacts of this program on your daily life activities?
- How to gain information from this program?
- How to use the information after acquiring it from this program?
- What are the benefits of this program for your personal life?
- How are you providing benefits to other people from this program?
- How have you built this successful program?
Scenario 4: Success of the Medical Students
If you want to know about the successes of the medical students, you should ask the following structured interview questions from them;
- How medical are schools improving your characters?
- What are your hobbies?
- What are the impacts of the hobbies or interests of a person on the success of a person?
- What are the most valued achievements of medical students?
- Why have you selected this field to serve the community?
- What key events have shaped your life?
- Who are the important people in your life?
- Are you enjoying happy relationships with your family members?
- How different people have contributed to your success?
- What are your relationships with your parents and grandparents?
Scenario 5:Experience of Students with the Install Course
If you want to know the experiences of the students who have completed the Install course, you should ask the following structured interview questions from them:
- Was the Install training experience was better or worse for you?
- What are the strengths of the Install training course?
- What are the weaknesses of the Install training experience?
- Which modules of the Install training experience are most important to you?
- What are the effects of the Install training experience on your life?
- After completing the Install training experience, how it has changed your university life?
- What are the thoughts of other people about this course?
- How is the Install training course playing a vital role in improving your life skills?
- How has the Install training course changed your emotions and thoughts?
It would be best to be very careful while selecting the interview questions for qualitative research. For this reason, you should first create a list of the points you want to cover in your interview. After getting an idea about these points, you should prepare a list of the questions accordingly. While preparing this list of questions, you should be very careful. It means that you should maintain the sequence of the questions. Before conducting the interview, send the list of the questions to the interviewer. If he knows the questions, he can provide better answers to these questions. Always write down the main points of the interview while conducting it. A tape recorder is the best technique to get better answers to your questions.